Family robbed at gunpoint on Black Friday, police search for alleged suspects
OKLAHOMA CITY – An Oklahoma City family who was cashing in on some Black Friday deals is robbed at gunpoint outside a popular mall.
Now, police are asking for the public’s help catching the accused crooks.
The stickup happened at Penn Square Mall around 2:30 a.m. on Friday.
Brett Clark, his wife and 3-year-old son walked into the mall parking lot after looking for early morning deals on Friday.
He says he’d just purchased his wife diamond earrings from Helzberg and his son a stuffed Rudolph from Build-a-Bear.
As the couple was loading things into their vehicle, two suspects came up behind the family, armed with a handgun.
Clark said, “He goes, ‘We don’t want a scene but we want what you’ve got’ and he pulled a gun.”
Brett and his wife grabbed their son from the backseat before the suspects sped away.
Everything was stolen in a matter of minutes and Clark says he never had a chance to fight back.
“It’s like your supposed to be a man and take care of your family, but you can’t when the other guy’s got the gun,” said Clark. “I just want to make sure it doesn’t happen to anyone else, because it’s terrible.”
So far, no arrests have been made but police hope surveillance video from inside the mall leads to an arrest.
Anyone with information can call CrimeStoppers.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him