Sooner Starters Star in Win Over Mercer
Oklahoma’s men’s basketball team welcomed back Oklahoma native Bob Hoffman and his Mercer Bears with a 96-82 win on Monday night at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman.
All five Sooner starters scored in double figures, and OU used two big runs, one in each half, to blow the game open, leading by as many as 31 points before winning by 14.
OU went on a 16-0 run in the first half to take the lead for good, hitting 56 percent from the field in the first half to lead 45-32 at halftime.
The Sooners then opened the second half with an 18-0 run before coasting down the stretch to the win.
Ryan Spangler and Buddy Hield took scoring honors with 20 points each, with Spangler recording a double-double with 13 rebounds.
Cameron Clark added 19 points, while Jordan Woodard had 13 with 6 assists and Isaiah Cousins with 10 points.
OU finished the game shooting 51 percent from the field and made 10 three-pointers.
Oklahoma improved to 6-1 on the season and will host Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Thursday night at 7:00.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'