Students, parents invited to best selling author’s antibullying panel
NORMAN, Okla. – A nationally renowned speaker and author is stopping by a local school district to teach children and parents about the dangers of bullying.
Wes Moore, the author of the New York Times bestseller The Other Wes Moore, visited Norman to share his ideas about what can be done to get more children safely back into the school system.
Moore said, “The whole point of this is that we want to be ahead on this issue. This should not have to be a response to something, but this can be something where we say ‘Let’s be ahead on this issue so we never have to deal with tragedy. We never have to be reactive to this.”
In addition to speaking at the schools, Moore will be a part of a panel of community leaders to respond to questions about bullying.
Students and adults of all ages are invited to attend the meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 3.
Moore will be speaking to the community at 7 p.m. at the Nancy O’Brian Center for the Performing Arts on the campus of Norman North High School.
Admission is free.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger