Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
OKLAHOMA CITY – A homeowner returns overnight to find his house engulfed in flames.
Authorities said the homeowner called 911 at about 1:30 a.m. near S.W. 29th St. and Portland.
When fire crews arrived they said smoke was pouring from the fully involved fire.
Crews evacuated two neighboring houses as a precaution due to high winds.
Investigators said they believe the fire started from a candle left burning in the front bedroom.
Crews estimate the fire caused about $20,000 in damage.
No one was injured.
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Doll with 'real' body proportions gains support, crowd funded in just 24 hours