How to help prevent pipes from freezing in frigid weather
With temperatures well below freezing, there are some extra precautions you can take to make sure your pipes don’t burst in the frigid temps.
According to insurance experts, to keep your water running “inside” the pipes, make sure to leave your cabinets open, so warm air can circulate around them, especially in kitchens and bathrooms.
Also, fit exposed pipes with insulation sleeves or wrapping to keep the water from freezing.
If you’re going to be away from home for a while, consider draining the water system.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him