Young mother found murdered, warns Facebook friends of her fate
EAST ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KTVI) – A young mother who was found dead in her home over the weekend may have warned her friends about her fate through Facebook.
Police were called to a disturbance call around 9 p.m. Saturday.
When they arrived to the apartment, they found 25-year-old Michelle Rowling’s body.
Rowling had been stabbed several times.
Family members believe she was murdered because she was trying to move on with her life without her ex-boyfriend.
According to KTVI, the victim’s family says 25-year-old Montrell Cooper threatened to kill Rowling while he was behind bars.
He was released from jail on Nov. 25.
Authorities quickly issued a bench warrant for Cooper, who failed to make a court appearance Tuesday.
His two run-ins with the law involved violence against Rowling.
However, no warrants related to the murder have been issued.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger