Florida man finds $50k bonds inside Christmas tree box
FLORIDA – A Central Florida man makes quite a discovery inside an old Christmas tree box.
It was filled with 50 thousand dollars in bonds.
Anthony Garafalo, a single father, found the tree a few years ago while looking for scrap metal to sell.
“I happened to see a Christmas tree in a box, said Christmas tree and so it was all taped up and sealed, so I figured well, he was only one month old at the time, this is three years ago and I figured, I would just say the tree until he could appreciate Christmas.”
Garafalo says it was an exciting find but he “has no right to that.”
He is trying to track down the rightful owner.
Donald Tran owns the bonds, his beneficiary is Theodore Tran.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him