UPDATE: OSU preparing for Bedlam; it’s going to be chilly
UPDATED: 10:15 p.m.
STILLWATER, Okla. – As fans prepare to make the trek to Stillwater this weekend, crews are busy at Boone Pickens Stadium to make sure Saturday’s game is in the clear.
Officials say crews are using snow blowers to clear walkways and putting compounds on the ground to melt the snow on the stairs.
Stadium seats are also being cleared while tractors push all the snow off the field.
Authorities are also calling on students to help clear out the stadium.
Experts say fans should still use extreme caution in and around the stadium.
Stadium officials say that while the snow and ice are melting, it will likely re-freeze overnight.
Wear shoes with traction and grip, and monitor road conditions for your drive to Stillwater.
They also suggest arriving early.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him