Teen dies after medical emergency on Delta flight
WASHINGTON – According to CNN, A 16-year-old suffered a medical emergency on a Delta Air Lines flight heading for Atlanta, and died after the flight made an emergency landing in Spokane, Washington, authorities said Saturday.
Jim Uttke, deputy medical investigator for the Spokane Medical Examiner, said it appeared the youth died of natural causes. An autopsy will be performed Monday. The youth’s name was not released.
Delta Flight 128 was bound for Atlanta from Seattle on Saturday and was diverted to Spokane after a medical emergency, Delta spokesman Michael Thomas said.
Thomas said the plane carrying 258 passengers was scheduled to land in Atlanta at 4 p.m. ET Saturday. It’s now expected to arrive about 11 p.m.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns