American Airlines, U.S. Airways merger complete today
US Airways and American Airlines will complete their merger creating the world’s biggest airline in the process Monday.
The deal survived objections by the U.S. Department of Justice and criticism from consumer groups that said the merger could possibly lead to an increase in prices.
Over the weekend, the Supreme Court denied a last-ditch effort by a group of travel agents and consumers to stop the merger.
As a result of the deal, American, Delta, United and Southwest will now control more 80 percent of the U.S. market.
It also pulls American Airlines out of bankruptcy.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich