American Airlines, U.S. Airways merger complete today
US Airways and American Airlines will complete their merger creating the world’s biggest airline in the process Monday.
The deal survived objections by the U.S. Department of Justice and criticism from consumer groups that said the merger could possibly lead to an increase in prices.
Over the weekend, the Supreme Court denied a last-ditch effort by a group of travel agents and consumers to stop the merger.
As a result of the deal, American, Delta, United and Southwest will now control more 80 percent of the U.S. market.
It also pulls American Airlines out of bankruptcy.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns