Big 12 Hands Out Football Honors
OU and OSU’s football stars reaped the rewards of their stellar play as the Big 12 announced it’s all conference teams today.
The Cowboys led the conference in selections with 11 while the Sooners were second with 10.
Sooner linebacker, Dominique Alexander is the Big 12′s defensive freshman of the year.
Alexander finished the season with 75 tackles, one sack and three and a half tackles for a loss.
Sooner seniors Gabe Ikard and Trey Millard made the conference’s first team offense, along with OSU senior Parker Graham.
Cowboys’ Calvin Barnett, Shaun Lewis and Justin Gilbert were named to the first team defense.
Sooners’ Aaron Colvin and Charles Tapper each made the first team defense as well.
Clint Chelf, Kye Staley and Josh Stewart represented the Pokes on the second team offense.
While Jalen Saunders and Daryl Williams were the Sooners’ second team offensive players.
OSU defenders Tyler Johnson, Caleb Lavey and Justin Gilbert all made the second team defensive team.
Eric Striker was OU’s lone representative on the second team defense.
Sooner kicker Michael Hunnicutt was named the second team kicker, while Cowboy Josh Stewart doubled as the conference’s second best punt and kick returner.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online