OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
OKLAHOMA CITY – The sounds of sixth grade musicians and the work of sixth grade artists will continue to be a part of the Classen School of Advanced Studies.
The Oklahoma City School Board has dropped its plan to make Classen a seventh through twelfth grade program and keep sixth graders at elementary schools.
That means Classen will continue to accept sixth grade students, although they will now face a later start on accepting applications and conducting auditions.
Earlier this year, the school board reversed another decision they made to prevent out-of-district transfers from attending the school.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him