Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
OKLAHOMA CITY – Police say they have arrested a 45-year-old woman who allegedly injured her father during a drunken altercation.
Officials were called to the 9100 block of N.W. 101st St. after a man called police saying that his daughter was intoxicated and being aggressive.
When authorities arrived, the victim said that he and his live-in daughter got into a physical altercation and he wanted her out of his house.
The man told police that he had been asleep but was awakened when his daughter began singing at 5 a.m. in the bathroom.
Earlier in the night, he claimed that he had seen 45-year-old Regina Ponder consume one and half bottles of wine.
The man told officers that he had told Ponder that she needed to quiet down and go to sleep.
According to the police report, Ponder allegedly attacked the victim and tried to rip off his sleep apnea mask and claw at his face.
The victim said that he is an old man and was not able to fight her off.
According to the affidavit, police noticed a claw mark on the victim’s cheek and a bruise on his left forearm.
Officers found Ponder asleep in another room.
When they tried to ask her what happened, she allegedly mumbled something that was unintelligible.
Ponder was arrested for domestic abuse and assault and battery.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online