Kim Jong Un’s uncle executed in N. Korea
NORTH KOREA (CNN) – North Korea’s state news agency is reporting that Jang Song Thaek, the uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, has been executed.
The story said that a special military tribunal had been held Thursday against the “traitor for all ages.”
Until recently, Jang was considered North Korea’s second most powerful man.
Earlier this week, images emerged of Jang being taken away by uniformed soldiers during a committee meeting.
Officials say he was denounced for betraying Kim and the revolution.
The news agency said he attempted to overthrow the state “by all sorts of intrigues and despicable methods.”
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'