ATT to present check to OCCC for “deserving students”
OKLAHOMA CITY – AT&T will help ten students reach their goal of attending Oklahoma City Community College.
A check for $10,000 will be presented to OCCC Foundation on Wednesday, Dec. 18. The donation is earmarked to fund the Kenneth R. Nance Memorial Scholarship.
The Nance scholarship is designated for students who are pursing degrees in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Kenneth Nance was a longtime chief lobbyist for AT&T at the Oklahoma State Legislature and an attorney.
He represented District 91 in south Oklahoma City in the House of Representatives from 1968 to 1978 and was one of the “founding fathers” of OCCC.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom