Firefighters battle heavy smoke and flames in house fire; woman found dead
HIGHLAND, TX. – A woman has died in a house fire in Highland, Texas.
The fire broke out shortly before 7 a.m. Friday.
Firefighters said heavy smoke and flames were coming from the house when firefighters arrived. Multiple fire crews battled the flames.
The Harris County Fire Marshal’s office said the 72-year-old woman’s body was found in her bedroom. The woman lived alone.
The fire has not been ruled suspicious, but homicide detectives are investigating.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom