Firefighters battle heavy smoke and flames in house fire; woman found dead
HIGHLAND, TX. – A woman has died in a house fire in Highland, Texas.
The fire broke out shortly before 7 a.m. Friday.
Firefighters said heavy smoke and flames were coming from the house when firefighters arrived. Multiple fire crews battled the flames.
The Harris County Fire Marshal’s office said the 72-year-old woman’s body was found in her bedroom. The woman lived alone.
The fire has not been ruled suspicious, but homicide detectives are investigating.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring