New part of I-40 Crosstown opening today; to cut down on traffic at Western Ave.
OKLAHOMA CITY – Friday afternoon a new section of the I-40 Crosstown will open three months ahead of schedule.
Since the I-40 Crosstown opened, commuters have complained about congestion on Western Ave.
The Oklahoma Dept. of Transportation said this new section will cut down on congestion and give drivers extra options for getting downtown.
This ramp between the Agnew-Villa and Penn off ramps will be opened to eastbound traffic.
For now, it will allow drivers to exit at Virginia and Klein and eventually it will connect much farther, as part of the downtown boulevard.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring