Chinese spacecraft lands on the moon
CHINA – Chinese state media reported today that China successfully carried out a soft landing of a space probe on the moon.
Saturday’s successful mission is the latest stage in an ambitious space program that aims to eventually put a Chinese astronaut on the moon.
The probe touched down on the moon following a 12 minute landing process.
State-run China central television showed a computer-generated image of the probe’s path as it approached the surface of the moon.
As it was just hundreds of feet away, the probe’s camera began broadcasting images of the moon’s surface.
The probe also carries a moon rover.
After landing, the rover was slated to separate from the probe eight hours later and embark on a three-month scientific exploration.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich