Guthrie Cruises to Class 5A Title
Guthrie converted a Hail Mary pass to end the first half, and got a huge night from tailback Kai Callins on their way to a 51-21 win over McAlester in the Class 5A Championship Game Saturday night at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater.
Callins rushed for 243 yards on 24 carries, scored four touchdowns, and added an interception for good measure.
The turning point play, though, came at the end of the first half, as Guthrie quarterback Reed Roberts threw a Hail Mary touchdown pass to L’liott Curry to end the half, and give the Blue Jays a 23-14 halftime lead.
The state title is Guthrie’s second in the last three years, and their fourth in the last 12 years.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger