This story may make you cry; Deaf dad hears his daughter sing for the first time
MISSOURI – A St. Peters, Missouri man who has been deaf for more than 50 years is hearing the world around him for the first time.
But one sound he finally heard has forever changed his life.
Ken Stehle’s 15 year-old-daughter Ashley is a passionate singer. The freshmen is part of Villa Duchesne High School’s advanced show choir. Her father never heard her utter a single note until this past Sunday.
Ken received a new hearing aid that requires him to wear a receiver around his neck. The new technology also requires Ashley to wear a special microphone.
Her voice is then picked up by Ken’s receiver and transmitted to his hearing aid.
“I knew he was getting a hearing aid but I didn’t know if it was going to work,” Ashley said.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him