Harvard buildings evacuated for unconfirmed reports of bombs in dorm, academic buildings
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Four buildings at Harvard University are being evacuated after unconfirmed reports of bombs being placed there, the Boston-area school said Monday on Twitter and its website.
“Science Center, Thayer, Sever, and Emerson. Evacuate those buildings now,” one of Harvard’s tweets read.
No explosions have been reported, Harvard emphasized.
Harvard University and Cambridge police were on the scene investigating.
“Out of an abundance of caution, the buildings have been evacuated while the report is investigated,” Harvard said on the emergency page of its website. “Harvard’s focus is on the safety of our students, faculty and staff.”
Thayer Hall is a freshman dormitory.
The Harvard Science Center and Sever and Emerson halls are academic buildings.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns