1,500 new jobs coming to Oklahoma; Macy’s fulfillment center moving to Owasso
OWASSO, Okla. – Need a job? Governor Mary Fallin announced about 1,500 new employment opportunities are coming to Tulsa County soon.
Macy’s, Inc. announced Tuesday its plans to build a new direct-to-consumer fulfillment center near Owasso in Tulsa County.
Officials said the site is located near 76th Street North and Lakewood Avenue, about 12 miles north of Tulsa.
The company is expected to invest more than $170 million in the facility, including the latest technology in material handling equipment and warehouse management systems.
Officials said construction should begin in spring 2014 with operations starting April 2015.
According to Gov. Fallin, the center will start shipping orders by the summer of 2015.
Full-time and part-time jobs will be available as well an additional 1,000 or more temporary seasonal opportunities each year.
Also, 350 to 500 construction jobs are also expected while the facility is being built.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger