No one injured after electrical surge at N.W. Oklahoma City rehabilitation center

Posted on: 10:13 am, December 17, 2013, by , updated on: 10:16am, December 17, 2013

fire generic

OKLAHOMA CITY – Patients and staff have been evacuated from a northwest Oklahoma City rehabilitation center Tuesday morning after smoke was reported in the kitchen.

Authorities said an electrical surge may have caused the smoke but no fire was ever found at the Valir Rehabilitation Hospital near N.W. 7th St. and N. Shartel Ave.

OG&E is on the scene.

No injuries were reported in this incident.