OKC Animal Shelter seeking toys, blankets for the holidays
OKLAHOMA CITY – There are animal-lovers in Oklahoma who would like nothing more than to give a dog or cat a place to stay for Christmas but many already have pets they’re caring for at home.
There are other ways you can help the Oklahoma City Animal Shelter besides adopting.
Shelter organizers are in need of pet toys, blankets and towels.
They are also in need of foster homes and volunteers.
At this time, the animal shelter has reduced the adoption fee for pets in hopes of finding some loving homes.
Puppies and adult dogs can be adopted for $30 and adult cats are free.
Robert Jackson, an animal welfare supervisor, and Shandell Nash, a volunteer coordinator, stopped by our studios with some adorable kittens who are looking for homes.
For more information on how to help, visit the shelter’s website.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online