Police: Two in critical condition after late night apartment shooting, fire starts minutes later
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities say two people were rushed to the hospital following a late night shooting Tuesday at a south Oklahoma City apartment complex.
Then minutes later, a fire started in the same location.
Oklahoma City police rushed to the area of S.W. 62nd St. and Douglas Blvd. just before 10:30 p.m. after getting word of a possible shooting.
When they arrived, they discovered two people had been shot.
While officials were investigating, a third victim walked up to police and was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
According to officials at the scene, two victims were rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.
Authorities said about 30 minutes later, a fire broke out on the other side of the apartment complex.
Investigators said a man came home to find his apartment engulfed in flames.
Crews said at least 12 people were evacuated.
At this time, no arrests have been made.
Officials said, at this time, they believe the shooting and fire at the same location are just a coincidence.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him