Alleged scammers demanding debit, check information from ONG customers
OKLAHOMA CITY – A local natural gas company is sending a warning out to its customers about a possible scam.
Several Oklahoma Natural Gas customers have contacted the company after receiving calls from people posing as employees.
The alleged scammers demanded payment for overdue natural gas bills over the phone.
According to recent reports, callers have been contacting customers and requesting debit card or electronic check information as payment for past-due balances.
Oklahoma Natural Gas does not call customers and demand debit card information.
Officials are discouraging customers from providing any personal information over the phone unless you made the initial call.
If a customer receives a suspicious call, hang up and call Oklahoma Natural Gas at 800-664-5463 to verify the information.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him