“Blackfish” Documentary scares off SeaWorld fans
According to CNN, With a parade of performers already canceling appearances at SeaWorld, now at least one school class says it’s dropping a long-scheduled trip to the park over concerns about the treatment of whales as shown in the documentary “Blackfish.”
The overnight trip to SeaWorld has been a tradition for fifth-graders at Point Dume Marine Science Elementary School in Malibu, California, for at least a decade, according to Principal Rebecca Johnson, but concerns from parents and students including one determined 10-year-old prompted a decision to go elsewhere on this year’s trip.
The nearly 90-minute documentary tells the story of SeaWorld trainer Dawn Brancheau, who was killed in 2010 when the killer whale Tilikum grabbed her and yanked her underwater. The exclusive clip above depicts another trainer getting her arm broken by a whale.
To find out more about the chilling documentary, “Blackfish” Click here.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger