GREATEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT: Students build hand for 4-year-old
CEDAR SPRINGS, MI. - A young girl from Cedar Springs, Michigan has received an early Christmas present: A new prosthetic hand.
Harmony Taylor, 4, has a limb difference disorder and was born without a right hand. She quickly outgrew her first prosthetic, and her family couldn’t afford a replacement.
So, members of the Grand Rapids West Catholic robotics team built her one.
The team then built a robo-hand, which is made of plastic and elastic cables, reflects Harmony’s wrist movements, and is capable of bending, picking up things and even catching a ball.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring