Sooners Mourn Walker
Wade Walker, former Sooners Offensive Tackle and Athletics Director, has died at the age of 90.
Walker was an All-American under Bud Wilkinson in 1949. He’s one of just three players in OU football history to earn All-Conference honors four consecutive years.
He later served as Athletic Director from 1970-1986. The Sooners earned 6 National Championships under his guidance, 3 in football, 2 in men’s gymnastics and 1 in wrestling.
OU Athletic Director Joe Castiglione said, “Wade’s many contributions to the University of Oklahoma will be long appreciated by Sooners everywhere.”
Bob Barry, Jr. knew Walker personally and shares his thoughts on the Sooner great in the video above.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom