ODOT encouraging drivers to find detour, I-40 narrowed to one lane in Midwest City
MIDWEST CITY, Okla – Drivers who are heading over the river and through the woods to get to grandmother’s house may have to take a detour to make it there on time.
Officials with the Oklahoma Department of Transportation say they have narrowed eastbound I-40 to one lane between Sunnylane Rd. and S.E. 15th St.
Crews discovered a one foot by one foot hole on the highway.
The closure is expected to last through the evening rush hour on Monday.
Drivers are encouraged to take an alternate route to make it to their destination.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring