Thunder Blast Knicks At the Garden
The Oklahoma City Thunder rebounded from their loss to Toronto on Sunday by whipping New York 123-94 on Christmas Day at Madison Square Garden.
OKC trailed only briefly early in the game, but were in control most of the way, leading by as many as 31 points before winning by 29.
Kevin Durant paced the Thunder with 29 points, and added 7 rebounds and 6 assists.
Durant hit 10 of 16 shots, and made four 3-pointers.
Russell Westbrook tallied his first triple double of the season, and the eighth in NBA history on Christmas Day, with 14 points, 13 rebounds, and 10 assists.
Serge Ibaka played well also, scoring 24 points on 10 of 14 shooting.
Reggie Jackson scored 18 points off the bench, while Jeremy Lamb added 13.
The Thunder made 54 percent from the field, and hit 13 of 24 from three-point range.
OKC has won six straight road games, and 18 of their last 20 overall.
The Thunder improved to 23-5 on the season, matching Portland for the best record in the NBA.
OKC visits Charlotte for a 6:00 tipoff Friday night.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'