Christmas quakes rattle Oklahomans
OKLAHOMA – There was a whole lot of shaking going on across Oklahoma this Christmas.
The quakes rattled our state since late Christmas Eve.
Just before 10:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve, magnitude of 2.9 quake hit about six miles SW of Purcell in the town of Wayne.
Then, around 4:00 a.m. Christmas day, a 2.7 tremor shook a few miles north of Spencer.
The most recent one hit just after 3:00 p.m. Christmas afternoon- it was a magnitude of 2.9, centered north of Edmond.
No damage has been reported.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him