ONG truck hits child, “Helmet saves child’s life” witnesses say
TULSA, Okla. - A 6-year-old child was outside playing when he was hit by an Oklahoma Natural Gas truck Friday afternoon.
The accident occurred in the 187000 block of E. 49th St. at approximately 11 a.m.
Tulsa Police officers said the child was riding on his Krazy Kart toy down the driveway when he was hit. The driver of the ONG truck told officers he was looking at addresses to find a house when the child was struck.
A witness told FOX23 News that the child was outside playing on a Christmas present he’d received when he was struck by the ONG truck.
The child’s parents told FOX23 that the child was able to walk away from the accident, but was transferred to a Tulsa area hospital.
The helmet the child was wearing apparently saved his life, the witness said.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse