Oklahoma man goes on crime spree in SW Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY – What started as a hit-and-run accident involving a stolen car quickly snow-balled into several crimes.
An Oklahoma City woman was taking out her trash when she was approached by a man from behind demanding for her car keys.
Dawn Wilke says “He came off the front porch and put a gun in my side and asked for my keys and vehicle, he told me he was gonna kill me if I didn’t give it to him.”
Wilke told the man she didn’t have her car keys on her so he proceeded to another home.
Two houses down, the man attempted to steal another vehicle but Wilke was able to flag down police before he was able to do so.
After police intercepted him from the second home, they later identified him as Phillip Smith, a long time offender, convicted of crimes ranging from failure to return rental properly to aggravated robbery with a firearm.
Smith was booked in the Oklahoma County Jail for attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault with a dangerous weapon.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring