President Barack Obama signs budget; puts off risk of government shutdown for two years
President Barack Obama signed into law Thursday a budget deal forged by Democrats and Republicans in Congress that puts off the risk of a government shutdown for two years while easing some automatic spending cuts.
Obama also approved a defense spending bill that includes provisions altering the way sexual assaults are handled in the military.
“The continued operation of the facility weakens our national security by draining resources, damaging our relationships with key allies and partners, and emboldening violent extremists,” Obama said in a statement.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse