Sooner Women Win Without Ellenberg
Oklahoma’s 25th-ranked women’s basketball team beat Samford 66-35 on Sunday afternoon at the Lloyd Noble Center.
OU did it without senior guard Aaryn Ellenberg, who was not in uniform after suffering a concussion in practice this week.
OU shot 50 percent from the field, with Morgan Hook and Nicole Griffin both leading the way with 12 points.
Freshman Derica Wyatt got her first career start and had 11 points with three 3-pointers.
Oklahoma outrebounded the Bulldogs by 25 and led by as many as 32 points before winning by 31.
The Sooners improved to 9-4 and will open Big 12 play at Texas Tech on Thursday night at 6:30.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger