NETFLIX to stop streaming 80+ movies, TV shows New Year’s Day
Netflix is doing some Spring cleaning a little early.
More than 80 movies and a handful of TV shows will no longer be available for streaming through the site as of today (New Year’s Day), according to a post on Reddit.
It’s not clear who posted the list.
But a search on Netflix for many of the titles reveals that they will indeed expire Wednesday for Netflix’s nearly 40 million streaming subscribers.
The company’s DVD customers may still order the discs in the mail.
Netflix did not immediately respong to a request for comment.
But, a representative told C-Net the company that routinely adds and deletes titles from it’s streaming service due to licensing contracts for exclusive content.
The list of streaming movies fue to expire includes favorites such as:
“Being John Malkovich,” “Braveheart,” “Do the Right Thing,” “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,” “FlashDance,” “Roman Holiday,” “Platoon” and “War Games.”
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring