OKC police respond to several accidents on the first day of the New Year
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City police responded to several accidents on the first day of the New Year.
Overnight police crews were on scene of a single car accident at the intersection of NW 150th and Portland neat the John Kirkpatrick Turnpike.
According to police, the man driving was driving under the influence and was traveling at a high-speed when he lost control and rolled several times into a ditch.
He was transported to a local hospital.
Police responded to another accident on I-35 near NE 23rd street just after 2 a.m.
According to police, two cars were traveling northbound on I-35 when one driver swerved and crashed into the other sending both vehicles into a guard rail.
No injuries were reported in this accident but, the driver of the car that caused the accident was arrested for driving under the influence.
According to Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office, there were
06 – DUI
01 – Felony
05 – Driving under suspension
04 – Expired tags
04 – Speeding
03 – Failure to carry insurance
03 – Unsafe lane change
01 – Following too closely
01 – Miscellaneous
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him