ARLINGTON, Texas – While thousands of Cowboy fans will be heading to Texas in the next 36 hours to watch the Pokes take on the Missouri Tigers in the Cotton Bowl, security officials are warning that some fans may not make it into the stadium.
Authorities with AT&T Stadium stress that the arena’s bag policy will be in full effect for Friday’s game.
The stadium limits the size of bags they allow fans to bring with them during a game.
Bags that are banned are as follows:
- All purses, bags or containers larger than a small clutch bag
- Fanny packs
- Cinch bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
- Camera bags
- Binocular cases, but binoculars may be worn around your neck
- Diaper bags
- Seat cushions.
If you must bring a bag into the stadium, experts say it should be one of the following, which are permitted inside AT&T Stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.” Those bags may be carried by hand or have one shoulder strap
- One gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small, one compartment, clutch bags that do not exceed 8.5″x 5.5″ with or without a strap.
Officials say an exception will be made for medically necessary items.
However, they will have to be inspected at the gate.
For more information on what you can bring into the stadium, visit the stadium’s website.