Fans greet Sooner champs as they return home
NORMAN, Okla – It was a sweet greeting for the Sooner stars as they returned home from a Sugar Bowl victory.
Hundreds lined up to get a glimpse of the 2014 Sugar Bowl champions, fresh off their upset against the number three ranked Alabama.
‘Bama was bigger, but OU was better. Many sports analysts predicted OU to be a double-digit loser in this year’s Sugar Bowl, making victory that much sweeter.
“I got the biggest kick out of when they first showed the map of the United States, who believed Oklahoma could beat Alabama.” Coach Bob Stoops said to fans. “There was one state that believed and that was you guys.”
The team came in as the underdogs and went home the winners. The seniors on the team couldn’t ask for a better end to their college football career.
“We understood that no one thought we were going to win and we understood that everyone thought we were going to get blown out.” Senior Offensive Line Gabe Ikard said. “We just really didn’t care what everyone else thought.”Submit Your Photo
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring