‘Gone With the Wind’ actress Alicia Rhett dies at 98
Alicia Rhett, who had been one of the oldest surviving cast member of the classic film “Gone With the Wind,” died Friday in her longtime hometown of Charleston, South Carolina, a retirement community spokeswoman said.
Rhett passed away of natural causes around 5 p.m. surrounded by friends at Bishop Gadsden Episcopal Retirement Community, said Kimberly Farfone Borts, a spokeswoman for the community.
She was 98.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'