‘Gone With the Wind’ actress Alicia Rhett dies at 98
Alicia Rhett, who had been one of the oldest surviving cast member of the classic film “Gone With the Wind,” died Friday in her longtime hometown of Charleston, South Carolina, a retirement community spokeswoman said.
Rhett passed away of natural causes around 5 p.m. surrounded by friends at Bishop Gadsden Episcopal Retirement Community, said Kimberly Farfone Borts, a spokeswoman for the community.
She was 98.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger