NEW: I-35 northbound lanes opening back up to two lanes, according to ODOT
Sent in from Glenna S. Hailey
UPDATED 3:00 p.m.
According to Oklahoma Department of Transportaion, crews are opening back up to two lanes after causing a major traffic jam.
NORMAN – Northbound I-35 lanes at SH-9 are now opening back up to two lanes. Thank you so much for your patience!—
ODOT (@OKDOT) January 04, 2014
NORMAN - Norman traffic is backed up for miles due to construction.
North and southbound I-35 have been narrowed to one lane at Main St. in Norman. to State Highway 9.
According to Oklahoma Department of Transportation, the lanes will be down to one from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday for ongoing construction.
Drivers are urged to avoid this area.
A caller described the traffic going northbound being backed up for at least 12 miles.
The caller also mentioned witnessing a person having to leave their vehicle to use the bathroom.
We are told drivers have been stuck in traffic for over two hours.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns