Iowa State Beats Sooner Women in OT
Iowa State’s unbeaten and 14th-ranked women’s basketball team downed number 25 Oklahoma in overtime 82-75 on Sunday afternoon at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman.
ISU freshman Jadda Buckley scored a career high 29 points, hitting six of seven three-pointers and nine of 10 from the field.
Oklahoma trailed by 10 with just over six minutes to play in the game, then went on a 13-1 run, getting a three-pointer from Morgan Hook to give the Sooners the lead 65-63.
Hook matched her career high with 26 points and made all three of OU’s three-pointers.
Sharane Campbell added 16 points and 9 rebounds, and got a big steal and layup to give the Sooners a 69-67 lead late in regulation.
Aaryn Ellenberg added 10 points off the bench before fouling out late in regulation.
OU forced 22 Cyclone turnovers, but ISU hit 13 three-pointers.
Oklahoma drops to 10-5 on the season and 1-1 in the Big 12, while Iowa State is off to the best start in school history at 13-0, and 2-0 in the Big 12.
The Sooners visit Texas for an 11:00 am tipoff on Wednesday.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him