Small plane makes emergency landing on major highway
NEW YORK – A small plane made an emergency landing on a New York City Highway late Saturday afternoon.
A driver on the major Deegan Expressway shot a cell phone video as he drove past the plane.
Police say the Piper Aircraft set down on the northbound lanes of the Expressway.
The male pilot and two female passengers were taken to the hospital, but police said they didn’t appear to be badly injured.
The FAA said the landing gear appears to have collapsed, but the plane had only minor damage.
No vehicles on the highway were hit.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger