Caught On Tape: Gas pipeline explodes in Creek County
MILFAY, Okla. – Officers in Creek County say they are lucky that no one was injured when a natural gas pipeline exploded near the town of Milfay early Monday morning.
According to KJRH, the explosion was reported around 11:30 a.m. near Hwy 66 and Milfay Rd.
The Creek County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that it was a natural gas transmission pipeline that exploded.
Fortunately, ONEOK crews arrived on the scene quickly and immediately turned off the gas.
The damage was contained to a field and did not reach any buildings.
At this time, the cause of the explosion is unknown.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'