Officials: Infected advertisements to blame for Yahoo malware attack
LONDON (CNN)- Many European residents turn to Yahoo for news or email services, but experts say thousands of those users may have been infected with malware.
Experts say Yahoo users in several countries may have been targeted in a malware attack.
Fox-It, an online security firm, says thousands of users who visited Yahoo over the last few days were infected with malware through Yahoo’s advertising servers.
Officials say malware can leave your computer vulnerable to hackers.
Experts believe the countries who were affected the most included Romania, Great Britain and France.
However, Yahoo says the attacks did not affect North America, Latin America and the Asian Pacific region.
Yahoo officials say they are aware of the attack and are blocking the infected advertisements.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him