Approved: OKC is one step closer to creating massive downtown park
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City is one step closer to a new downtown park.
The master plan for the 70 acre park was approved on Tuesday.
The park, which is part of Maps3, will link downtown to the riverfront and is expected to spark new private development in the “Core to Shore” district.
Most structures in that area are already in the process of being torn down with the exception of Union Station and the Salvation Army.
The park will have a grand lawn, a lake, gardens, fountains and even a cafe.
The northern part of the park will be finished in 2016 and the southern portion will not be complete until 2021.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring