Oklahoma City Public Schools now considering new proposal for safe rooms in district
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City Public Schools will spend the next 30 days considering a new proposal for safe rooms in the district.
The consideration period was approved at Monday night’s school board meeting.
Over the next month the board will gather specific information about what it would take to include safe rooms in all new schools that are built from here on out as well as to add safe rooms to current schools.
Considerations will include things like cost estimates, funding options and how much money is available.
The idea is to eventually include or add a safe room to every school site.
We’ll continue to follow this as it moves forward.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom