Woman caught trying to sneak into U.S. in suitcase
CNN – Customs and Border Protection officers foiled a smuggling attempt at the U.S.-Mexico border when they discovered a woman contorted and hidden inside a suitcase.
Officials released a photo this week showing the woman tucked into a ball and laying inside the luggage in the back of a vehicle.
The woman, a Thai national named Pornkamol Mongkolsermsak, was charged with re-entry after deportation, CBP spokesman Victor Brabble said.
She was discovered Dec. 30, when inspectors at the border referred the driver of a Honda SUV for a secondary inspection, CBP said in a statement.
When officers inspected the vehicle, they opened up the suitcase and found the 48-year-old woman hidden underneath some clothing.
Authorities did not release the name of the 56-year-old Phoenix man who was driving the SUV.
The case has been turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, CBP said.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'