Man convicted of plotting murder with baseball bat to be first 2014 execution tonight
OKLAHOMA CITY – The first execution in our state for 2014 is scheduled Thursday night.
Michael Lee Wilson is convicted of plotting the murder of a coworker at a convenience store in Tulsa back in Feb. 1995.
Prosecutors said the victim was hit an aluminum baseball bat 54 times.
Two of the others convicted in the crime have already been executed and another has been sentenced to life.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him